With VMware Cloud, customers modernize apps with better economics and less risk
Company unveils tech previews at VMworld 2021 to showcase the future of VMware Cloud
Lahore (Muhammad Yasir) Organizations today are driven by the urgency to go fast and digitize. Multi-cloud is now the model for digital businesses seeking to achieve rapid transformation. VMware enables digital innovation with enterprise control in this multi-cloud environment (read story here). Today, VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) is announcing new advancements for VMware Cloud, the industry’s first and only multi-cloud computing infrastructure that enables customers to move their enterprise apps to the cloud in nearly half the time and less than half the cost. These new innovations include:
- A new portfolio of managed Kubernetes services to modernize apps on VMware Cloud;
- Capabilities that will make it simpler and safer to run enterprise apps in VMware Cloud;
- A new initiative supporting the need for customers to run their business in sovereign clouds; and,
- Tech previews that showcase the future of VMware Cloud.
Together, these innovations will give VMware Cloud customers even more tools to accelerate modernization of their enterprise apps, increase business agility and resiliency, and significantly reduce costs compared to existing approaches.
“VMware has established a unique position in the world of multi-cloud computing by meeting customers where they are to help them achieve their cloud objectives,” said Mark Lohmeyer, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Infrastructure Business Group, VMware. “VMware helps to eliminate the false choice between business innovation and IT control. Our latest innovations help customers modernize apps, infrastructure, and operations with better economics and less risk, and boost developer productivity. And with Project Arctic, the next evolution of VMware vSphere, we will unleash the hybrid cloud for every enterprise.”
Delivering Kubernetes-based Containers and Infrastructure as a Service
VMware Cloud with Tanzu services is a new portfolio of managed Kubernetes services that will be available at no additional charge as part of VMware Cloud on AWS. Tanzu services will make app modernization with Kubernetes faster, easier, and less expensive on VMware Cloud than alternative managed Kubernetes solutions. IT admins will be able to use the VMware vCenter interface to unify VM and container management on a common platform and provision Kubernetes clusters within minutes. Platform operators or SREs will be able to manage Kubernetes clusters consistently across clouds using Tanzu services as a multi-cloud Kubernetes management plane.
VMware Cloud is Simpler and Safer for Enterprise Apps
VMware Cloud makes running enterprise vSphere apps in any cloud environment simpler and safer. Research shows VMware Cloud customers can achieve 300% faster Kubernetes deployment(1), 46% faster cloud migration(2), and 57% reduction in TCO(2).
A Look into the Future of VMware Cloud
VMware is showcasing additional R&D investments and innovations currently underway for VMware Cloud with the following tech previews:
- Project Capitola: a software-defined memory implementation that will provide the best price-performance ratio for current and next-gen applications by aggregating memory tiers across DRAM, PMEM, NVMe and other future technologies. Read more about the partners supporting Project Capitola here.
- Project Cascade: this tech preview will address the needs of developers and DevOps professionals with an industry-standard programmatic interface powered by Kubernetes that provides a common declarative consumption interface for both infrastructures (IaaS) and containers (CaaS).
- Project Ensemble: designed as a unified control plane for VMware Cloud, Project Ensemble will further improve operations by delivering a unified view across vRealize Cloud Management services.
VMware Helps Customers Navigate the Multi-Cloud Era
At VMworld 2021, VMware is unveiling its strategy to help customers navigate the multi-cloud era and accelerate innovation with freedom, flexibility, and security. For the latest news on how VMware is delivering a smarter path to cloud for digital businesses, visit the VMworld 2021 media kit.