PUBG MOBILE REVEALS ANCIENT SECRET SPECIAL MODE AND NEW ARENA GAME PLAY IN THE FIRST EVER INDOOR LIBRARY MAP
NUT Desk on Aug. 5, 2020 – PUBG MOBILE unveils a new Ancient Secret Mode, players can see all-new in-game events and exclusive rewards. Likewise, fresh content arrives in the form of the new Arena game play, Team Game weapon and Library map in the hit Arena playlist. Players can go through the new mode and updates starting from today in PUBG MOBILE.
Anicent Secret Special Mode
The new Ancient Secret themed game play can be selected from the main menu via the Mode Selection screen. Players who activate the new mode can observe and explore an ominous “Ancient Secret” building rising on Miramar and Erangel. This massive two-story structure begins each game at ground-level, but then begins to float and follow the play circle.
In addition to the ancient structure, players can experience the following features through the new game mode:
- New Boss Battle – A secretive boss awaits in a sealed room on the second floor of the structure, hiding rich rewards for players that defeat it in combat
- Small Ruins Environment – Players can traverse small ruins that spawn randomly throughout the map, concealing crates and puzzles
- Slate puzzle – Players can now test their merit with a new interactive Ancient Slate puzzle.
To immerse players in the new environment, the cool and stylish Golden Pharaoh X-Suit Outfit set is also available to unlock, alongside additional Warrior of Ra, Warrior of Nut, Underworld Guide, and Mummy costumes. For the first time ever, outfits can be upgraded up to six levels to access additional benefits, including:
- Outfit appearance upgrade
- Exclusive entry emotes
- Outfit-exclusive lobby emotes
- Teammate interaction emotes and item sharing
- Spawn Island and kill announcement special effects
Each outfit set includes a unique and exclusive Treasure Create that players can unlock for additional rewards, including Pharaoh Coins to exchange for other outfits, materials to upgrade Golden Pharaoh X-Suit and more. Players can also make lucky draws by using UC or Silver Fragments.
New Arena Game play
The all-new Team Gun Game offers four vs. four game play with Arena mode starting weapons. As players defeat opponents, their weapons are gradually upgraded. The first team to use the final weapon, the notorious pan, claims the Chicken Dinner. Team Gun Game is available to play every weekend, from Friday to Sunday.
Players can also enjoy Team Gun Game on the all-new Library map. As the first-ever indoor map in PUBG MOBILE, Library boasts a symmetrical layout with three assault routes: left, right and center. Unique positions on platforms, in doorways or behind bookshelves offer competitors advantages for strategic positioning, and provides players with weaker weapons a fighting chance.
In addition to the new Team Gun Game mode and Library map, today’s content update delivers several additional features, including:
- New Arena Attachment – The Barrel Extender muzzle attachment can now be added to most Sniper Rifles, Rifles and Sub-machine Guns. It increases the firearm’s effective range and minimizes damage reduction due to distance
- Arena Firearm Damage Reduction Adjustment – Firearm damage is now based upon operational distance per weapon class, which are ordered as Shotgun, Sub-machine Gun, Rifle, Sniper Rifle from near to far, respectively.
PUBG MOBILE is available to download for free on the App Store and Google Play.
ABOUT PUBG MOBILE
PUBG MOBILE is based on PLAYER UNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, the phenomenon that took the world of interactive entertainment by storm in 2017. Up to 100 players parachute onto a remote island to battle in a winner-takes-all showdown. Players must locate and scavenge their own weapons, vehicles and supplies, and defeat every player in a visually and tactically rich battleground that forces players into a shrinking play zone.
For more information, please visit the official PUBG MOBILE accounts on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.