Chughtai Healthcare takes initiative to support thalassemia patients to get timely blood transfusions.

Lahore (Muhammad Yasir) With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the amount of blood donations have reduced and thalassemia patients are facing a shortage of blood supply. To help the thalassemia patients get timely blood transfusions, Chughtai Healthcare is conducting blood drives at various locations across Lahore. The launch of this initiative will be at the head office where the CEO Chughtai Healthcare Dr. A. S Chughtai gave blood on Monday, 14th June 2021.

In Pakistan a blood transfusion is needed every 2 seconds. More than half of Pakistanis can safely donate blood, but only 5% actually are blood donors. The other 95% are relying on these donors if they ever need a blood transfusion.

Dr. A. S. Chughtai stressed upon the important of blood donations as 1 bag of blood can save up to 3 lives. He further shared his vision for a healthier Pakistan through different initiatives at Chughtai Healthcare.  Dr. Omar Chughtai, Director Operations along with other team members also donated blood during the event.

Throughout the month, Chughtai Healthcare will conduct blood drives at various sites of corporate organizations.

People can sign up for the onsite blood drive by calling at 03-111-456-789.